Monday, October 4, 2010

Unexpected

Today we went to the doctor. An ENT, to be precise. He was going to look at the boy's nose. You see, my sweet boy has been getting regular nosebleeds since he was about 3. Last Wednesday, he had one at school, one at Karate, and one at midnight. All of them lasting at least 20 minutes. We thought about cauterization.

So last Thursday I called the doctor. Our appointment was for 2:15 this afternoon. I was putting the two littles in the car when the boy and his sister walked home from school. As soon as the boy saw me he remembered what we had to do. He started freaking out. There were tears, there were threats, pleading...I got it all!

More freakage from the car to the office. Then again walking back to the room. The doctor came in and checked.

"We could do it right now," the doctor said.

Wanna see a freak-show?

End result---we got one nostril cauterized with minimal freaking. I just hope that one was the main problem.

2 comments:

Thelissa said...

We had that done to one of my boys. Ironically it then bled on and of all afternoon. It has helped long term though.

lauralquinton said...

I understand freak show. It's my second language. I have a son that does the same. So I must say I'm glad I'm not the only one!! :D