Friday, August 27, 2010

The Month of Birthday Parties

Thumbelina has a summer birthday. Not just a summer birthday but a 2 weeks before school starts summer birthday. So that I am focused on getting everything ready for school and not focused on a birthday party. So we had decided that we would have a small family party on her actual birthday, a bigger family party at Gma/Gpa Washington's, and then a friend party after school started.

(I know I am crazy!)



Now...I am too tired to think about a friend party because I really want to do a carnival theme. So I talked her into having her friend birthday party next year--maybe at the beginning of the summer. But we never really got her any presents aside from long dresses that she desperately needed for church anyway.


So we threw her a bigger family party. We took the family to the movies and saw How to Train Your Dragon. With popcorn and drinks and Thumbelina got her very own Icee. Most of the popcorn ended up on the floor and the boy's bladder was about to explode by the time it was over. Then we let her pick an ice cream cake. She got flowers and presents and cake and got to blow out her 3rd set of candles this year!




We got her a bunch of books and a pettiskirt and a paper doll book, in addition to the Chixo's from Gma/Gpa Idaho, barbies from Gma/Gpa Washington and Jeremy/Natalie and the girls, and an outfit and hair flowers from Shauna and Co. It seems like her birthday always gets dragged out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like in the first picture how someone's (ET's) hand is over Munchkin's mouth! We all should have many birthday parties!

The Rose Family said...

Pretty flowers. I'd like to declare November the month for my birthday parties. Please feel free to plan at least 4 parties for me. I won't be able to attend, but the parties will be fun anyway!

Anonymous said...

I love the hand on Munchkin's mouth! Classic!! Happy birthday to Thumbelina! And can you ever have too much cake? I certainly can't!

zerry ht said...

Your daughter’s lucky to get to celebrate her birthday with two parties, and it seems from the pictures that she really enjoyed it. My daughter will be 7 years old tomorrow, and we will also be celebrating with a small house party. We’ve arranged a bigger family party on the weekend at a nearby party venue as well.