Friday, August 14, 2009

Love The One You're With

Last night, I got to go on a date with my husband. Like a real date. You know, dinner and a movie. (Mind you, it has been so long since we have been on a date that we didn't recognize most of the movies at the real theater and hadn't seen any of the movies at the dollar theater--so dollar theater it was.)

We went to that Mexican restaurant on State Street in Orem. Right next to our beloved Burger King. It was so colorful and bigger than it looks from the outside. Hubby and I both got combination dinners. Can I just say SO MUCH FOOD?! I got a (all beef by the way) taco, tostada, enchilada and burrito with a side of rice. I ate the taco and half the enchilada so I would have room for the fried ice cream. So much food for so little money!

Then, on to the dollar theater to see Wolverine. (Yes-that's how far behind we are in movie watching!) We were so full from dinner that we didn't even want popcorn. And I was looking forward to the popcorn all day long!

After the movie we had to make a tooth fairy run because ET lost another tooth right before we left. One set of Fairly Odd Parents 3D reels for our ViewFinder and a box of Swedish fish and we were home by 9:45. (By the way--what are you supposed to do with fallen out teeth? I think we are going to make a necklace out of them and present them to our kids on their 18th birthdays. Have you read that book? Weird!)

And finally, because we are such party animals, we were in bed by 10:15.

4 comments:

Ashley Dudley said...

aw I'm so glad you got to have a date!
PS its called Mi Ranchito, and its my favorite Mexican place ever! I think my husband introduced yours to it.

Melissa Snyder said...

Did you guys move to Utah? I was jsut wondering. Or are you there on vacation? I was thinking you still lived in Cali.
Glad you had a great time. Isn't it so nice to get away with your husband every blue moon. I almost forgot how fun they could be :)

Shaunee said...

That sounds exactly like our date night! We still haven't seen Wolverine yet, either. I'm glad you were able to go :)

Anonymous said...

Love the date night details! I'm a sucker for those combination plates! Mmmmmmm! So glad you finally got out! :D