Monday, April 20, 2009

Check

I have a list of things to do before the baby comes. Some of the things are rational and totally doable, like washing her clothes and setting up her crib. (Both done, by the way.) Other things are too far out there, like scrubbing my kitchen ceiling and washing all my baseboards. But I am slowly crossing everything off my list.

Yesterday, to the sounds of Cinderella that my sick kids were watching, I finished the curtain for her room. Quilting has always daunted me. Especially after the blanket I made for her has anything but square pieces:

But then I finally bought a ruler to go with my rotary cutter and mat. Straight lines are EASY--if you have the right tools! So I was able to start and finish the curtain in under three hours! I know that seems like a long time but I had to sew a little, then unplug my machine, plug in the iron, iron the seams, and then unplug the iron and plug in the sewing machine so I could sew the next part. (The circuits in our house are a bit tempermental, to say the least!) But I am proud of how it turned out--but mostly at how easy it was!

Now if I could just remember how I did that dumb blanket stitch on her other blanket, we'd be set!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That curtain would take me 6 months...with some serious help. The quilt and curtains are adorable!

lauralquinton said...

I haven't had time to check blogs in a while (or post for that matter) I see the N on the blanket. Have you picked a name for your little peep? Everything looks great. I wish I had enough energy as you do pregnant!! And half of your creative-ness!!