Friday, January 16, 2009

5 Year Old Epiphany

My son is learning all sorts of new things. The world has opened up to him through his newfound reading and comprehension skills. He is always bringing some new information to our attention.

(Unlike his sister who just makes things up. For example, apparently 'I like you' is spanish for 'I love you.' And adding an 'us' to the end of any word is not to be challenged--just accepted. Such as, 'It's so freeze-us today.')

His new tidbit of knowledge: Free.

This week at Karate, they told him that a particular class cost $10, but if he brought a friend, it would be free.

In his own words, "I am going to bring a friend so you don't have to pay. I like free. Free means it doesn't cost any money."

This week we are teaching him about the expense of dry cleaning...due to his refusal to listen to my 'take your tie off before you eat! I can't just throw that in the washer!' refrain. I just hope his piggy bank holds out.

No comments: