Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Drugs

I am not a big fan of drugs. I will use Tylenol and 800 mg IB if I absolutely have to, you know like for the after-kids cramps that accompany every period. I made it through my first 2 pregnancies without taking more than one or two Tylenol cold pills just so I could sleep. When I was pregnant with the munchkin, I had to rely on Promethazine for a few days to catch up on sleep enough to be able to keep food down.

But this pregnancy is really starting to depress me. I am chemically dependant to get through most days. First it was the Zofran so I could stop puking, and now I HAVE to take a sleeping pill every night or I feel awful the next day. I hate feeling this way.

And then, of course, there is always the anxiety that I am doing some sort of damage to my baby. Feeling the baby move (finally) this week has tempered this somewhat.

Then again, there is always the chance that I am just instilling good sleeping habits in utero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't used to be a believer in drugs until my oldest hit 14, and then I needed the Ambien. One day, I'll be able to sleep soundly every night without any "help".