Monday, November 10, 2008

Wisdom

Our children have some interesting ideas on life.

Thumbelina: How do you die? (Pause) Do you just get punched really hard and it makes a hole? And then all the air comes out and you go flat like a pancake? And then you die into a skeleton? Is that how you die?

ET: (talking about his Show and Tell at school. He told his class about his Karate class.) I told a teeny tiny lie. (We asked him what he lied about.) I told them that at Karate we got to jump through hoops that were on fire.

Parental to do list:

1. Have a talk about death.
2. Have a talk about lying, and possibly fire safety.

4 comments:

Thelissa said...

So funny! Especially the flaming hoops part!

Ashley Dudley said...

hahahhaha thats the funniest thing I've read all day! Kids are so funny its great!

Don Mills Diva said...

HA!

I vividly remember lying my ass off during show and tell.

Laura said...

Oh my...the lessons we have to teach...We all get to jump through hoops of fire, right, as moms, I mean!