Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Name Change

I think I should change the name of my blog to "The House of Vomit."

I know I really don't need to elaborate on that, but I'm a Mom, it's my blog and what would it be without poop and vomit stories?! I mean, really!!

Do you remember how old your children were when they had their first experience with vomit?

I do.

ET was 10 months. I was in the awful morning sickness stage with Thumbelina, so lucky for me, hubby got sick too and stayed home and dealt with the majority of the puke. Not very lucky for him.

Thumbelina was 16 months and we were visiting G&G for Christmas. It happened the night before we left to drive home and continued for much of the drive home.

Well, Munchkin hit a milestone last night. The latest one so far at 21 months. But her first vomit experience was by far the worst! Again, dealing with morning sickness, I totally got out of it. Hubby was up with her every 15-30 minutes all night long. But he left for work at 5:30 and she wasn't done just yet. She had nothing at all left in her system so it was pretty much just heaving. I just hate the look you get-like 'what on earth is going on and why aren't you fixing it?!'

I am totally blaming this on nursey!

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Okay, I'm slow at getting to your blog these days, but congrats on the upcoming addition to your family! I'm sorry you're dealing with morning (all-day) sickness as well as sick kids! What a nightmare. Hope things get easier for you soon.

Diana said...

Oh Erin! What to say except I am kind of glad it is not me. I do not miss that feeling. I am so sorry for you. I hope it gets better soon!!!

Shaunee said...

Yes! Just blame it on Nursery... that's what I do too! Sorry about the puke... yuck!

GustoBones said...

Oh, I hate that look. My little guy got REALLY sick this summer and would give me that same look. Hope she gets better soon!