Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Take It Back

Apparently my insurance isn't the devil. They approved the prescription along with a new one--the dissolving Zofran. I am still a little mad that I had to go without any meds for almost 24 hours, but during that time, I realized that while the Zofran isn't working as well as I'd like, it is keeping me from throwing up everything. I kept absolutely nothing down for those 24 hours.

Hubby is keeping up with my cravings. I am still super thirsty all the time, so he bought me a lot of fruit. I am pretty sure I am dehydrated. I still am afraid to eat grapes after pregnancy #2 where I threw them up every time I ate them. But cantaloupe is so yummy, and super juicy. And the KFC he got for me last night was great! Mama loves her fried chicken!

I go to the doctor tomorrow and I am going to try to wrangle an ultrasound. I am afraid I am only 6 weeks instead of 8. I am also going to have a talk with him about different meds.

I am officially sick of Saltines and Sprite. Just the thought of eating them makes me gag a little. But mostly it is my hyperactive sense of smell that is doing me in. Every kind of soap smells gross. I have been using my dish soap to wash my hands. And don't even get me started on Poopy diapers.

I am feeling better today. I have an order to finish and ship out. And hubby is home tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your kind words and thoughts in my behalf. You guys are the greatest!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel so horrible for you! Glad you have SOME bright spots. :) I can relate with the soap and poopy diapers, I also have to hold my breath when I go in the pantry at work, the combo of smells is just too much!!!

Shaunee said...

Hopefully tomorrow should be a good day for you! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and be sure to keep some liquids in... if you can!

The Rose Family said...

I talked to my PA prof today and he said the dissolving Zofran works a lot better. Good luck

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm going to put you on my google reader. Congratz on the pregnancy and I hope you feel better soon. It is horrible to be sick! I was really depressed when I was pregnant with Addie. I was excited to be pregnant but throwing up and sick all of the time I just felt completely desperate. Let me know if you need anything.

Oh and I think I need some BYU bows! I'll call you and set up a time to come get them.

Thanks,

Marenda

Diana said...

Props to husband who helps out. They are best when you are feeling like crap!!!