Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Bad Case of Nerves

ET is starting school in a little over a week. He is nervous about it.

I, on the other hand, am not nervous about anything but his behavior.


You see, for the past two weeks, my nice, sweet, loving boy has been an angel.

Then, the next minute, he is the opposite.


Back and forth, round and round we go.

I know that it is just his nerves but I don't know if I can handle it.


Today at his Open House to meet his teacher, he wouldn't even talk to her.

Then he came home and yelled at his sister.


He got me a cool cloth (???) because my head hurts.

Then he shoved his sister off the couch, pulled her out of the chair and smacked her back.


I know he's just nervous about how it will be and how he'll fit in. So we've talked about how he was nervous when he went from Nursery to Primary, but it was still fun. How he was nervous to start Karate, but now he has lots of friends and loves his teachers. We have talked about how his school teacher is cousins with his Primary teacher, and how she is his friend's Grandma. None of it seems to help for very long--so can we please just start school now?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impatiently waiting for school to start and my kids don't want to keep track of how many free days they have left. I'm sure ET will be good to go by day 3 of school!!

Thelissa said...

Hang in there, I was surprised at how well Sav faired. ET may surprise you too!