Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday is a Day of Rest?!

I have yet to make it through one single class at church without interruption. Sacrament meeting usually consists of trying to keep the kids quiet in between Thumbelina's and ET's trips to the bathroom and trying to get Munchkin to sleep because she wouldn't take a nap before church.

Sunday school is spent trying to get Munchkin settled in nursery. There is another child in there who has taken a personal offense to Munchkin's very presence. And Munchkin doesn't know to just stay away from said child. The leaders are great though and she really likes going. Then I get to sit down for about 5 minutes before Thumbelina reappears for her second potty break. Yesterday I did manage to make it back for the last 20 minutes of class.

Relief Society I really enjoy. Last week I got to stay through the practice hymn. This week I made it through half of the lesson before Munchkin decided to fill her diaper. But I did get a nice surprise while I was changing her--she had eaten a Spiderman sticker and presented it to me in her diaper. While I appreciate the effort, I did not keep the prize.

1 comment:

Christie said...

This is why I'm basically inactive. That and the fact that my hubby works Sunday so I'm on my own.